Terms starting with ‘N’
- Near-field Region
- Generally refers to the distance an antenna is being measured from. These areas are generally determined by the size of the wave. The distance of one wavelength is generally referred to as “near-field” while two wavelengths is generally referred…
- Any unwanted and unmodulated energy that is always present to some extent within any signal.
- Normalized Pattern
- Normalizing the power / field with respect to its maximum value yields a normalized power / field pattern with a maximum value of unity (or 0 dB).
- Any area of the antenna which does not emit signal is considered a null or blind area.
- Null Filling
- The process to fill the nulls in the antenna radiation pattern to avoid blind spots in a coverage area.