Terms starting with ‘M’
- Microstrip Antenna
- A wireless antenna which consists of a thin metallic conductor bonded to a thin grounded dielectric substrate. An example of such antenna is the microstrip patch.
- Literally, one pole, such as a vertical radiator operated against the earth or a ground plane. A handheld rubber duck type of antenna will most likely be a monopole.
- Multi-element Dipole Antenna
- An antenna consisting of an arrangement of multiple dipole antennas. Note: Various directivity patterns may be obtained by varying the arrangement of the dipoles and the way they are driven.
- Multi-Path Propagation
- The result of interference from reflections off surfaces surrounding the antenna. This interference changes the target´s return signal strength. Sometimes it is stronger and sometimes weaker than expected. The degree of multi-path propagation…
- A device which splits the source signal into many separate receiver connections.