Terms starting with ‘L’
- The electrical entity to which power is delivered. The antenna system is a load for a transmitter.
- The radiation pattern of most antennas shows a pattern of "lobes" at various angles/directions where the radiated signal strength reaches a maximum, separated by "nulls", angles at which the radiation falls to zero. In a directional antenna the…
- Log-periodic Antenna (Lp)
- A broadband, multi-element, directional, narrow-beam antenna that has impedance and radiation characteristics that are regularly repetitive as a logarithmic function of the excitation frequency. The individual components are often dipoles, as in a…
- A radio antenna consisting of a loop (or loops) of wire, tubing, or other electrical conductor with its ends connected to a balanced transmission line. Within this physical description there are two very distinct antenna designs: the small loop (or…