Terms starting with ‘E’
- For a linearly polarized antenna, the plane containing the electric field vector and the direction of maximum radiation. For a vertically-polarized WLAN antenna, the E-plane usually coincides with the vertical/elevation plane
- Effective Antenna Gain Contour (Of A Steerable Satellite Beam)
- An envelope of antenna gain contours resulting from moving the boresight of a steerable satellite beam along the limits of the effective boresight area.
- Effective Boresight Area (Of A Steerable Satellite Beam)
- An area on the surface of the Earth within which the boresight of a steerable satellite beam is pointed. There also may be more than one unconnected effective boresight area to which a single steerable satellite beam can be pointed.
- Effective Height
- The physical height of an antenna.
- Effective Isotropically Radiated Power (E.I.R.P.)
- The amount of power that a theoretical isotropic antenna (which evenly distributes power in all directions) would emit to produce the peak power density observed in the direction of maximum antenna gain. EIRP can take into account the losses in…
- Effective Monopole Radiated Power (E.M.R.P.)
- Used in Europe, especially in relation to mediumwave broadcasting antennas. This is the same as Effective Radiated Power (E.R.P.), except that a short vertical antenna (i.e. a short monopole) is used as the reference antenna instead of a half-wave…
- Effective Radiated Power (E.R.P.)
- A standardized theoretical measurement of radio frequency energy and is determined by subtracting system losses and adding system gains. ERP takes into consideration transmitter power output (TPO), transmission line attenuation (electrical…
- The ratio of useful output to input power, determined in antenna systems by losses in the system including losses in nearby objects.